You are a diabetic Patient and are searching for the best solution of the medical condition. Before understanding about the treatment, you first need to understand what diabetes is. It is a deadly disease, which is characterized by continuous high level of blood sugar. Diabetes can even lead to death or permanent disability, so take proper care punctually. As diabetes is a chronic illness, there is no permanent cure for this medical condition, and it can lead to loads of distress to the patients. Therefore, better care would allow you to live a healthy life.
Diabetes kit bag plays an important role in keeping your blood glucose level and to facilitate effective treatment. You will be asked to undergo a good deal of changes in your lifestyle to fight against diabetes. These days, diabetes medical supplies are made on large scale because of the rising ratio and awareness among general public. People with diabetes are advised by health care professionals to undertake some particular diets, medications, and other critical activities, like walking, to maintain their glucose levels. These may be followed easily in the daily activities. However, when you travel, it’s fairly tricky to follow all of the above regimes. This in turn results in health complications. Hence, special care needs to be taken to eliminate any difficulty when traveling.
Here are some useful pointers that will help you to maintain your health while traveling.
- Discuss your trip plan with your physician.
- Get a written medical prescription from your doctor for all your medicine and diabetes medical supplies.
- You can even receive a travel letter from your doctor describing your diabetes program.
- Maintain a record of telephone numbers handy, including your doctor’s number, to find assistance in the event of emergency situations.
- Pack the ideal number of medications and supplies that you require for the whole trip.
- It is highly recommended to use a small lunch bag with ice packs to make certain that the bag is insulated. You may keep your insulin in this insulated tote, if the weather remains warm.
- Maintain your sugar meter with you all of the time.
- It is much better to maintain extra or spare batteries for your testing kit.
- Keep an ample quantity of test strips, in the event you will need to test more often.
- Carry sufficient quantity of lancets.
- If you use syringes, then take enough of these.
- It is always great to take keytone strips the foil wrapped strips last longest.
- Have glucagon emergency kit with you to be used in emergencies once your blood sugar level drops.
- Always carry a small source of fast acting sugar with you to take care of the circumstance of low blood glucose reaction. Glucose tablets and sugar gels are the greatest fast acting ones.
- Take essential insulin pump supplies.
These are some essential tips to follow for a diabetic Patient while traveling.